Who Should Wear PEARL (MOTI)?
Pearl is the birthstone and the rashi ratna for Cancer sun sign (22 Jun – 22 Jul). Pearl stone bestows the powers of Moon (Chandra) on its wearer and brings him peace, confidence, courage and calmness.
|General Characteristics of Moti (Pearl)|
Which PEARL (MOTI) Should I Buy?
Cultured Pearls should ideally weigh at least 1/10th in carats of your body weight.The stone should preferably be round, smooth, free of spots and have no chemical or heat treatments.
For Astrological purpose, Rare Natural Pearls are considered the best and Cultured South Sea pearls, the second best.
PEARL (MOTI) Benefits:
The best thing about a Pearl stone is that it does not have any malefic effects on its wearer. In Astrology, Moon is symbolic of ‘mother’ and is therefore, very nurturing and affectionate in nature. Anyone can wear a Pearl gemstone and experience its mystic effects in their life.
- Pearl strengthens Moon (Chandra) in the wearer’s horoscope. Moon, in Astrology, is called ‘the Ruling Planet of Emotions’ and is associated with the providing calmness and tranquility.
- Pearl stone instills in its wearer positivism and courage and makes its wearer emotionally available, kind, and psychologically healthy. It also instills ‘wanderlust’ or the ‘desire to travel and explore’ in its wearer.
- It is believed that Pearl gemstone benefits people who are depressed, mentally disturbed or emotionally unavailable. Because of its calming effects, it is recommended for people who have developed a negative attitude or lost all hope in life.
- Children, especially those below 12 years of age, who face health problems or fall sick easily are recommended a pearl stone. Children should preferably wear Pearl Gemstone in the throat chakra in a moon-shaped pendant.
- Another one of the benefits of Pearl gemstone is that it instills self-confidence in its wearer and helps them express themselves freely. It is therefore very beneficial for people working as counselors, public speakers, therapists, psychologists etc.
- Pearl is specifically said to bring prosperity to people dealing in dairy products, travel and tourism industries.
- Medically, Pearl is believed to help keep the ‘Heart’ strong and healthy. Also, it is said that Pearl stone benefits water induced ailments and maintains the Water Balance in our body. It is also worn to cure conditions such as pneumonia.
The quality of Pearl depends upon its Shape, Color and Spots.
For Astrological purpose, the Pearl’s quality depends mainly on how many spots it has. The fewer the spots, the better the quality.It a natural skeletal stone and is hence shaped and polished as opposed to cutting and faceting. The shape of the Pearl has only ornamental significance and not astrological.
Where Should I Buy Natural PEARL (MOTI)?
Be careful as many dealers sell fresh water pearls and synthetic pearls and call them cultured South Sea pearls. Unethical jewelers also sell low quality pearls and pass them off as natural pearls. Therefore, when you buy Pearl Online, ensure that you get a Lab Certificate of its authenticity from a Reputed Lab and that the dealer is ready to get the gemstone certified from any reputed lab of your choice.
Which is The Best Substitute For PEARL (MOTI)?
Moonstone is the best Pearl substitutes. However, substitutes are astrologically less effective than the primary stone.
How to Wear PEARL (MOTI)?
The first choice as the metal for Pearl should be Silver. Gold, Panchdhatu etc should be avoided if possible.
Procedure For Wearing PEARL (MOTI)?
- A pearl which measures 5 to 10 carats is considered to be the most favorable one. The weight of the pearl stone should not be less than 2 Rattis.
- The best period to purchase a pearl stone is a Monday, which falls in the Shukla Paksha(ascending cycle of the Moon).
- The ideal configurations (Nakshatras) for this purpose are Rohini, Pushya, Shravana or Hasta.
- The most suitable metal for setting a pearl stone in a ring is silver.
- It should be made in such a way that the stone touches your skin and transmits the cosmic energies through direct contact with the physical body of the wearer.
- Pearl ring is to be worn on the little finger of the right hand.
- Before you wear the ring, you need to energize and purify the pearl stone by dipping it in raw cow milk and then washing it with Gangajal.
- After doing so, the wearer should chant the following mantra of the Moon 108 times and then put on the pearl ring in the correct finger.Aum Aim Kleem Somay Namah Or Aum Chandraya Nama. After wearing the ring, the native should donate items such as sugar, rice, wheat, cloth and money to a Brahmin to enhance the positivity of the pearl stone.