Who Should Wear :
Cat’s Eye should only be worn upon recommendation by an astrologer who has thoroughly studied your horoscope. In Vedic astrology, Cat’s Eye is the gemstone for the mythical planet ‘Ketu’.Cat’s Eye is worn to nullify the malefic effects of Ketu in one’s horoscope.
|General Characteristics of (Cat’s Eye) Lehsuniya|
|Cosmic Color||Beyond Visible Color Spectrum (Infra Red)|
Which Cats Eye Gemstone Should I buy :
Cat’s Eye gemstone should ideally weigh at least 1/10th carats of the body weight.It should be of high clarity , pure color and free from chemical or heat treatments.
- Cats Eye stone benefits most during the Dasa or the malefic phase of Ketu, the headless body of the shadow planet ‘Rahu’.
- Cats eye stone effects the health conditions of its wearer positively. It is believed that sudden health related traumas requiring crucial surgeries are mostly caused due to the malefic effects of Ketu in one’s horoscope and wearing cat eye stone benefits in nullifying the negative effects of Ketu.
- Wearing Cats Eye results in the growth of a person’s wealth and improves their financial conditions.
- Cats Eye gemstone benefits the business or the professional life of its wearer. It is known to revive declining Businesses or financial ventures.
- Cats Eye protects its wearer from road accidents, envy of their foes, debts, poverty and other such diabolical situations.
- Ketu is considered a spiritual and religious planet. One of the benefits of wearing cat’s eye gemstone is that a person feels content, detached from worldly desires and interested in spirituality.
Cat’s Eye is a unique gemstone and has been named so because of its striking resemblance to the eye of a cat. Quality of this stone depends upon its Cut, Color and Clarity, where the colour should be uniform and it should have a smooth surface .
Where Should I Buy:
Be careful as many dealers sell treated or low quality Cats eye stones for a higher rate. Therefore, when you buy Cats eye Online, ensure that you ask the dealer to get a Lab Certificate of its authenticity from a Reputed Lab of your choice
What are the Substitutes :
Good quality Chrysoberyl Cat’s Eye might be a little expensive for many people. Therefore, you can go for a Quartz Cat’s Eye, which is much cheaper, as a substitute
Gemstones Related to Cats Eye:
There are many names of Cat’s Eye gemstone that are popular among people. Some of the names and their alternate spellings are:-
- Vaidurya or Vaidoorya
- Sootramani or Sutra Mani
- Lehsuniya, Lehsooniya, Lasuniya, Lahsuniya
- Viduraja or Vidooraja
- Vidalaksha or Bidalaksh
How to Wear :
The best choice as the metal for Cat’s Eye should be Silver. The second choice as the metal for Cat’s Eye should be Panchdhatu, which should be avoided if possible.
- Rahu and Ketu stones should be worn only in specific conditions by consulting with an astrologer.
- Minimum weight of Cat’s Eye should be 7 carats (1400 mg).
- Cat’s Eye should be worn on Middle finger or Ring finger of the working hand.
- Cat’s Eye must touch your finger’s skin.
- Dip the ring into Gangajal or cow milk at least 10 min before wearing.
- Wear ring on Tuesday during the ascending moon cycle (Shukal paksha) near the sunrise time.
- Recite “AUM KETAVE NAMAH” mantra while wearing the ring.
- Lehsuniya ring should be cleaned regularly using Soapy water or soft brush as dust deposited at the bottom of the stone reducing the gemstone Jyotish effects.